Thursday, September 17, 2009

We caught Jerry!!!

Just the other night, at a hometown football game, my wife and I... woooohaaaaa!

Sorry bout that sisters and brothers! I'm just jammin to the love of my life- Garth. You might know him, but then again, for all you youngsters (who am I kidding! ignoramuses don't read this blog... only the cool people do:)), you might not. If that is your sad reality, google the man.

Back to the reason why I'm typing!

Just the other night, maybe it was two nights ago now, my roomies and I caught Jerry!

Tom and Jerry - the children's cartoon about grumpy ole' Tom cat trying to catch the cute, yet mischievous, Jerry mouse? Ring a bell folks?

I loved this cartoon like something fierce. Oh man! Wooz could not peal me away from the television set when Tom and Jerry were on, even if her lovely life depended on it. I can recall many a time when she would actually show respect for this love affair and instead of giving me a spank (this is back in the day when you were considered a good parent if you spanked- now, you can be incarcerated for child abuse! Love this country) she would nestle her hinny in the lay-z-boy chair and watch with me. What a cool mom huh!

Anyway, Jerry was my hero. Somehow, he always escaped the tricky kitty. Jerry mouse was cunning, clever, and fast. He was a survivor. That's respectable in a world of gutless men and fake, needy, women .

Well, as mentioned about, Jerry was too quick for just Rayray and Yes- but not for the 3 of us:)

Yeah man! This is a true recollection. Trust.

Jerry was oh-so brave to climb under Yessy's door and prevent her from leaving her own room. I think the odds were in Yes' favor if the two had to duel, but her fright froze her stiff! With, of course, the exception when she called Rachel and told her that a mouse ran under her door.

If she had called me, I would have stayed in bed and laughed. Ray, on the other hand, is so nice, that she woke ME to come participate in catching the little bugger.

After countless hours (totally not exaggerating), a few phone calls to family members who had to deal with these furry creatures on their mission, and several sweat drops later, we caught him!

That little devil Jerry looked so gosh darn cute in the garbage can. Pathetically enough, as I gazed on him with compassion in my heart, I could only think how grateful I am for my height. Heavenly Father just knew that I could never survive as a short specimen.

Luckily, it was an unheavenly hour when we left the house to take Jerry to his new home in the field nearby because I was bra-less, and booty shortin it in a cotton shirt with Uggs. Talk about exposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learned a few things:
1. Never let girls scream together
2. Clean crap out from under your bed; you never know when a mouse will make camp
3. Start a ropes course asap; it helps with agility and speed
4. Appreciate the tender mercies God gives- they can come in very weird ways
5. Keep an air soft gun in the closet, just in case Jerry comes back!

2 comments:

  1. That was far too entertaining to witness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah, do you think YOU could clean crap out from under your bed??

    i rest my case.

    ReplyDelete